Who’s ready to start decorating for summer? Let’s get creative and see what we’re working with!
How to Style Wood Links
Love the look of wood links, but not exactly sure what to do with them? Don’t worry. We’ve got you. Here are 2 ideas to style your wood link.
Use it as a Statement Piece
Because we are all about taking the hassle out of decorating, finding a simple statement item to fill a space is always a great idea. A wood link makes the perfect filler for any empty table top.
Whether you’re looking to style a room that is full of fluff and decor or a more sleek, modern space, a wood link works very well alone. See for yourself below!
You don’t even need anything else. Yes, sometimes, decorating can be that easy.
Use it as a Focal Piece in a Centerpiece
If you’re naturally crafty or enjoy spending time finding the right items that go together to decorate, use your wood link to build a centerpiece.
Your large wood link can be the focal object on your coffee or kitchen table. Next, you can pull together complimentary items to fill in your table. Here are a few ideas that pair nicely.
- Add a selection of small potted plants around your wood link.
- Incorporate faux greenery, moss, or flowers with your wood link.
- Drape wood beads around your wood link.
- Stack a few coffee table books and use them to support one half of your wood link.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Tiered Tray
There are a few reasons why we love tiered trays. One of them being that they are a great essential to have on hand. A tiered tray can serve several purposes- from serving horderves or baked goods to being a place for styling your seasonal decor.
Once you own one tiered tray, you can continually update it for seasons and holidays! For example, see how well this Summer’s bee theme decor items fit?
- Use stackable items
- Play with different heights and sized items
- Don’t be afraid to add in more elements, even if they don’t fit on the tray
- Use common household items to support your decor- a mug works great!
We recommend placing your tray on a tabletop near an entryway. It’s a great way to make sure it gets seen and enjoyed by anyone who steps into your home.
Creative Ways to Use a Table Runner
This year’s coastal themed box includes this adorable blue table runner.
Your runner doesn’t have to go to your kitchen table. You can style it on your island, coffee table, TV console table, or even an outdoor table. Check out how we worked with the other items in the coastal themed box to create this beautiful tablescape.
The golden rule with our table runner is to keep the decor you pair with it on the smaller side- you don’t want to cover it up.
Here are a few more tips for styling your table runner.
- If you’re using a tablecloth as well, make sure to choose a color that pairs well with the blue runner.
- Mixing in patterned blue hand towels or napkins is a great way to compliment the fabric and add more to this look!
- Already have a centerpiece? Place the runner underneath to emphasize a focal point.
- You don’t have to lay your runner horizontally. If you love the look, add a few more to lay down vertically across the table. It’s okay to mix and match a few colors as long as you think they go well together!
How to Style Rectangular and Circular Trays
You might have noticed that each of our Summer themed boxes include trays this year. Why? Because similar to the tiered tray, they are perfect for supporting your decor and festivities this summer! Use them to hold different items or to serve drinks and snacks at your next patio party.
Here are a few creative ways to use your tray:
Use it as an ice tray to keep frozen snacks, drinks, or treats extra cool in the summer heat.
We think the rainbow boxes’ wine glasses look great paired with a simple blue tray, just add a little ice to keep your beverage cool. Check out our summer popsicle recipe for an idea too.
The bee themed tray would also work nicely outside at your next patio party. Try incorporating candles, pictures, or tea lights.
Bring your tray indoors and simply use it to compliment the items in your box.
For example, this coastal themed tray looks great matched with a small plant, wood link, and large candle. It would suit your kitchen table or coffee table very well.
Another great way to bring your tray to life indoors and create a peaceful setting is by adding candles to it in varying heights. If you want to do more than candles, add a woodlink or wood beads. Here’s an example:
Check out more styling inspiration photos here.
Have any other ideas? We’d love to see them. Remember to share how you style your wood link, trays, and table runner with us on social media.