4 Ways to Style Your Porch This Spring
Including How to Create a Faux Floral Arrangement As the weather starts to warm up and sunny days become more frequent, there’s nothing like relaxing on your porch with friends and family! Whether enjoying an evening cocktail, a good book, or the smell of BBQ wafting in the air, it’s the best time of year to take advantage of an outdoor space. While your guests are the most important thing, decorating your porch with spring-themed decor can help usher in the energy of the season and make your outdoor space feel even more inviting. And when it comes to styling
Did you know?
Including How to Create a Faux Floral Arrangement
As the weather starts to warm up and sunny days become more frequent, there’s nothing like relaxing on your porch with friends and family! Whether enjoying an evening cocktail, a good book, or the smell of BBQ wafting in the air, it’s the best time of year to take advantage of an outdoor space.
While your guests are the most important thing, decorating your porch with spring-themed decor can help usher in the energy of the season and make your outdoor space feel even more inviting. And when it comes to styling your outdoor (and indoor) living spaces, there’s no better place to start than with ReadyFestive’s home decor boxes.
In this blog, we’ll provide tips—inspired by the items in our boxes—for decorating your porch this spring. So, grab a notebook and get ready to take some notes, because it’s time to turn your porch into the ultimate springtime oasis!
Grandmillennial style (aka “granny chic”) showcases traditional elements with a modern twist. It’s all about creating a warm, inviting atmosphere that evokes nostalgia, comfort, and old-school allure.
Here are some tips for incorporating this style into your porch:
- Incorporate vintage and antique items: Display pieces that add history and charm to your outdoor space. For example, vintage-looking trays and embroidered napkins.
- Embrace floral patterns: Floral patterns are a staple of the grandmillennial style. Fill a floral-patterned vase with fresh flowers to instantly give your outdoor space that “granny chic” feel.
- Include textured fabrics: Textured fabrics like woven baskets, linens, and rugs can add depth and interest to your porch. Choose items in soft, neutral colors to create an inviting atmosphere.
- Add whimsical and playful accents: Taking a cue from grandma’s knick-knack-filled house, add fun and quirky items to your porch decor. The golden bird statue in our Grandmillennial Box or a decorative wind chime are great options!
Farmhouse style centers around creating a warm and welcoming porch that exudes rural, traditional charm. This style is characterized by its use of rustic elements, natural materials, and cozy patterns.
Here are some tips for decorating your porch in this style:
- Add rustic elements: Incorporate pieces with natural materials to give your outdoor space a rustic, homey feel. Some good options include wooden signs, woven baskets, and wooden beads.
- Get creative with mason jars: Mason jars are a staple of the farmhouse style and can be used for everything from holding flowers to serving drinks to creating centerpieces.
- Include textured fabrics: Choose textured fabrics like burlap, linen, and cotton to add depth, interest, and comfort to your porch.
- Deck out a porch swing or rocking chair: decorate a porch swing or rocking chair with patterned throw pillows and cozy blankets to create an inviting seating area.
Modern style is all about simplicity, clean lines, and a focus on natural elements. This theme is sure to create a feeling of calm and tranquility in your home, with a neutral color palette, plants and organic textures. Here are a few tips for adding modern style decor to your porch:
- Add greenery: Incorporate potted plants, faux or fresh-cut flowers, and hanging planters to bring life into your space.
- Stick to a minimalist vibe: Sprinkle your modern accents in lightly to create a cohesive, simplistic feeling.
- Follow neutral color schemes: Use neutral colors like white, beige, or gray as a base, and then add pops of color with throw pillows, rugs, or planters.
- Focus on natural textures: Add textures like rattan, jute, or bamboo into your decor to give your porch an organic, earthy feel.
Garden is a natural style with colorful accents. It’s characterized by its use of bright warm shades (in moderation), florals, nods to nature, sleek materials, and modern accessories. Here are some tips for decorating your porch or outdoor area in this style:
- Use bright colors in a minimalist way: Use bright colors as accents to add pops of color to your outdoor space. Choose items like floral throw pillows or a sign with brightly-colored designs to create a fresh, eye-catching look.
- Add in sleek materials: Incorporate materials like metal, glass, or acrylic into your decor to add an element of sleek and modern elegance.
- Light it up: Add simple lighting to your outdoor space—like tea lights and candles—to create a serene and intimate atmosphere.
- Incorporate contemporary accessories: Choose contemporary accessories, such abstract bowls, coffee table books, and printed throw pillows, to incorporate a bit of modern style to your porch.
How to Create a Faux Floral Arrangement
A faux floral arrangement is an easy and reusable way to bring a natural element to your outdoor space. Whether you’re going for a grandmillennial, traditional, or modern style, faux flowers are an eye-catching, versatile, and convenient option.
Here’s how to create a beautiful and long-lasting faux floral arrangement for your porch or outdoor area:
- Floral foam
- Faux flowers for your chosen style (see examples below)
- Grandmillenial: Roses, hydrangeas, peonies, lisianthus, and eucalyptus
- Traditional: Daisies, lavender, baby’s breath, and greenery such as ferns and eucalyptus
- Modern: Sunflowers, dahlias, tulips, and protea
- Prepare the foam and vase: Cut the floral foam so that it fits snugly in the vase/container you’re using.
- Arrange the flowers: Start by placing the taller stems in the back of the vase and gradually fill in the arrangement with the shorter stems. Stagger the stems and keep the flowers evenly distributed throughout the arrangement.
- Add greenery: Use eucalyptus or other greens to fill in any gaps in the arrangement and to create a natural and cohesive look.
- Make final adjustments: Stand back and admire your arrangement, making any final adjustments to ensure an aesthetically pleasing composition.
Get Your Porch Spring Ready with ReadyFestive
Your porch is the perfect place to gather with friends and family this spring. To get your outdoor area ready for guests, set up a subscription with ReadyFestive!
Simply choose which holidays or seasons you’d like to receive decorations for. You’ll then be prompted to complete a survey to help us determine your favorite themes. Don’t have any specific preferences? No problem—we’ll surprise you!
Become a part of the ReadyFestive family and experience the convenience of having a carefully-curated, spring-themed box delivered directly to your doorstep. If you’re already a subscriber, you can add a box to your subscription here.